Baingan Rawa Tawa Fry | Easy Eggplant Party Snack Idea
Baingan rawa fry is a delicious and easy-to-make snack that can be served with chutney or ketchup. Enjoy!
1 large eggplant
3/4 cup chickpea flour (besan)
1/2 cup semolina (rawa)
1 - 2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp dry mango powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
1/3 cup water (or as required)
Oil for shallow frying
1. Cut the eggplant (baingan) into thin round slices.
2. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, mango powder, cumin powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix everything well.
3. Now, coat each eggplant slice well with the spice mixture. Repeat with all the eggplant slices.
4. Add chickpea flour (besan) to the leftover spice mixture and mix.
5. Next, add water and mix well. Make a smooth batter.
Now dip the spice-coated eggplant slices in the batter and coat that with semolina (rawa).
6. Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying. When the oil is hot, place the coated eggplant slices in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides.
7. Repeat the frying process with all the coated eggplant slices.
8. Once all the eggplant slices are fried, transfer them to a plate and serve hot.