Soaked Dough Paratha Recipe | No Rolling
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup lukewarm water (More if necessary)
1/4 cup Oil (Extra for cooking)
1. Mix the all-purpose flour & salt together.
2. Add water in portions as you go on mixing, if the dough is hard add extra water and knead well.
3. Fill the water in a large bowl, place the dough in the water and soak the dough for 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours remove the dough from the water transfer it to a different bowl.
5. Now add 1/4 cup oil and knead the dough until smooth.
6. Dived the dough into equal-sized balls, stretch and spread the dough into a circle or square by using greased hand.
7. Next, apply some oil to coat the surface of the dough circle.
8. Now bring one side of the rolled dough towards the centre and then fold the opposite side of the rolled dough on top.
9. Fold the right & left sides of the dough to bring it towards the centre.
10. Rest the dough for 10 minutes.
11. After 10 minutes stretch and spread the dough into a circle or square by using greased hand.
12. Heat the pan on medium-high heat and place the paratha on the pan.
13. Let it cook for 15-30 seconds and then flip paratha, drizzle some oil.
14. Flip again and drizzle some oil, cook the paratha for 1-2 minutes or until done.
15. Serve the paratha right away with vegetable curries, lamb curries or chicken curries.